The Categories Module 3.1.1 is available to download and in repository. This is a maintenance release that fixes some bugs and improves template handling.
The SobiPro Categories Module allows to list SobiPro categories in a standard Joomla module position. There are several settings that allow a great deal of flexibility in the order the categories are shown and in filtering them, as well as the ability to customize the style of the categories through a module's CSS or any other stylesheet.
Due to its adjustable sorting order and field settings, the Categories module serves a lot of different purposes, no need for additional modules. Use the module as:
- Most popular categories module (top ranked categories)
- Latest categories module (newest categories)
- Last updated categories module (recently modified categories)
- Module for categories expiring soon
- Random categories module
Additionally the sorting order can be determined by a category input box field, a category single select list field or a category calendar field from the currently selected section (directory), so the module can also be used as a
- Sort categories by field module
The categories can also be filtered by every category field select list, checkbox group or radio group item of the selected section (directory), so the module can be used e.g. as a
- Featured categories module
- Module for categories with specific content
Filtering and sorting can be combined. You can use all these different module types simultaneously by using the module several times for one or more sections.
The Category module comes with several templates with a lot of settings for each.
- Template to show sorted and filtered categories (flat list without hierarchy)
- List template (nested list with considering category hierarchy)
- Media grid template (nested media grid with considering category hierarchy)
- Accordion template (nested accordion with considering category hierarchy)
More information are available in the Changelog of the module application.