Version 3.7 of the SP-GeoMap Field is available to download and in repository. Version 2.5 of the Basic SP-GeoMap Field is available to download.
The SobiPro SP-GeoMap Field extends the types of possible fields for SobiPro with a field type for showing the location of an entry on a geographical map. While editing an entry, it creates coordinates based on the geo-location of the current IP address of the author, or of the entered address. Thereupon the entry will get a map with a marker on its location in the details view.
The field gives you also the possibility to do a radius search or a proximity search to find entries within the proximity to a given location. The proximity search is a RADIUS SEARCH without the LIMITATION to a radius. With this improved usability the selection of an entry can be done immediately without changing the radius and perform a re-search if the results don't fit the idea.
- Geographical map for each entry to show its location on a map
- Map sizes and zoom level adjustable
- Google Maps and Leaflet/OpenStreetMap providers available
- Zoom and scale controls available
- Satellite, roadmap, hybrid and terrain views for Google Maps available
- Map Type, Street View, Rotate and Fullscreen controls available for Google Maps
- Geo location based on a given address while adding an entry
- Alternatively IP based browser geo location while adding an entry
- Radius search for entries within distance of a given address or of the current position
- Proximity search for entries within distance of a given address or of the current position
- Possibility for no LIMITATION to a radius; no need to change the radius and perform a re-search if the results don't fit the idea
- Several providers for geo location in search view available
- Auto-complete of addresses for geo location in search view available
- Distances shown in search results either in miles or in kilometres
- Google API key support
- SSL support
- Responsive with gestures on mobile devices
This update gives you the possibility to chose between radius search or proximity search. It is compatible with the new search handling of SobiPro 1.5 (at least 1.5.1 necessary) and supports search results ordering from front-end.
Of course this release addresses the open issues of the field.
More information are available in the Changelog of the field.