Version 3.8 of the SP-GeoMap Field is available to download and in repository.
The SobiPro SP-GeoMap Field extends the types of possible fields for SobiPro with a field type for showing the location of an entry on a geographical map. While editing an entry, it creates coordinates based on the geo-location of the current IP address of the author, or of the entered address. Thereupon the entry will get a map with a marker on its location in the details view.
The field gives you also the possibility to do a radius search or a proximity search to find entries within the proximity to a given location. The proximity search is a RADIUS SEARCH without the LIMITATION to a radius. With this improved usability the selection of an entry can be done immediately without changing the radius and perform a re-search if the results don't fit the idea.
- Geographical map for each entry to show its location on a map
- Map sizes and zoom level adjustable
- Google Maps and Leaflet/OpenStreetMap providers available
- Zoom and scale controls available
- Satellite, roadmap, hybrid and terrain views for Google Maps available
- Map Type, Street View, Rotate and Fullscreen controls available for Google Maps
- Geo location based on a given address while adding an entry
- Alternatively IP based browser geo location while adding an entry
- Radius search for entries within distance of a given address or of the current position
- Proximity search for entries within distance of a given address or of the current position
- Possibility for no LIMITATION to a radius; no need to change the radius and perform a re-search if the results don't fit the idea
- Several providers for geo location in search view available
- Auto-complete of addresses for geo location in search view available
- Distances shown in search results either in miles or in kilometres
- Google API key support
- SSL support
- Responsive with gestures on mobile devices
This release addresses the open issues of the field and adds some minor enhancements.
More information are available in the Changelog of the field.